About Me

My photo
I'm Aimee. SAHM to 4 incredible children. Abigail is 7. Elijah is 5. Katie is 3 & Logan is 15 months. I am married to the most wonderful man ever! Joe & I started dating in 2004 & were married in 2005. He really is perfect. ♥

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sleep would be wonderful, please.

I love my daughter. I adore her-every single bit of her but, at *almost* 17 months isn't it about time she start sleeping through the night? She has nights where she'll sleep 8 hours straight, sometimes 5 hours but, on a normal night we're still up on an average of 3-5 times a night. Yes, at *almost* 17 months old.

I've never had to sleep train, never knew you could. Abigail slept with my parents until we moved in with Joe, then she slept with me. Once Joe & I got married she was old enough to understand that she had to sleep in her bed, by herself. Elijah was 2, I think, before he slept all night. Katie? The past couple of months have been good with her sleeping & she's almost 4 years old.

We tried CIO. That was going great until somehow Joe messed that up & we got back into the habit of rocking/feeding/patting her to sleep. I bought NCSS but, there's just so much information in that book and I really have no idea where to start.

I need to sit down & think about what's important for her sleeping well. My sanity and her wellbeing are high up there. I just want a not so cranky baby (& mommy).

I just want sleep.

1 comment:

Mama to Munchkins said...

aww i hope you find an answer. Maica is finally starting to sleep through now at 21 months, and er final tooth just broke through which must have helped! could it be her molars waking her? a bit of baby paracetamol before bed?
xxx